Oh pumpkin, how I love thee! You are a low-carb savior. And curry, I can use you in veggies and my husband will actually eat them.
15 oz can of pumpkin
2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1/2 sweet onion
1 cup sweet peppers sliced
3 lbs pork loin
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs curry powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbs coconut oil
Sirachi to taste
1-2 cups frozen kale
Using a slow cooker makes it easy to have a delicious meal the moment you walk in the door. I normally remove the meat to thaw right after dinner and let it soak in the flavors overnight. Some people would sear the meat before putting into the slow cooker, but this dish has such a flavorful sauce that I don’t think it’s necessary.
1. Add the onions, peppers to the bottom of the crockpot in an even layer.
2. Season the loin with all over with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Place the loin on top of the onion
4. In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients to 2/3 of the way up the pork loin.
5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
6. Allow the roast to rest for at least 15 minutes covered loosely with foil.
7. Add 1 – 2 cups of frozen kale and allow to cook on high in the sauce for 15 minutes until heated through.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning.
9. Purée sauce if desired.
10. Remember to slice the meat thinly and smother with sauce.
I served this over oven-roasted broccoli and cauliflower coated in olive oil, salt, and pepper. I used frozen veggies and started roasting them at 450 degrees as soon as I got home. The veggies were tender, with crispy edges. It took approximately 20 minutes, but check on it ever five minutes after 15 minutes have passed.