I was making some sloppy joes and needed something to pair with the meal. I had already made my smothered kale, but I wanted to try something new. I have tweaked this recipe and I think I got it just right. Let me know how you like it!
Cheesy Coconut Flour Biscuits
Bakes at 400 degrees
Makes 8 biscuits
4 large eggs room temp
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a medium sized bowl mix together eggs, coconut oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder well.
2. Sift the coconut flour and baking soda into the wet ingredients
3. Stir together until well blended – this is sticky stuff.
4. Fold in the cheese.
5. Using either a table spoon or a medium sized cookie scoop, drop onto a greased cookie sheet. I covered mine with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 400 degree for 15 minutes.
Baking with coconut flour can be tricky. It’s thirsty and different brands require different amounts of water. I made my biscuits with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour. If the dough is too dry, I would try adding a small amount of water or cream until it becomes more pliable.